6/30/14

edwin at the lake





















A few weekends ago we made it over to Lake Wissota for a gorgeous day relaxing at the beach. Edwin was pretty much in heaven and played in the water and sand non-stop until we finally had to go when his dad and I had gotten too much sun.  Of course I remembered to lather Edwin up in sunscreen, twice, but Nick and I both left the beach that day with sunburn.  I think we could all use our own little wetsuit!  I got Edwin's at a thrift sale when he was 6 months old and it is so stretchy that he never seems to outgrow it, and I love that it helps protect him from the sun.  

He was content all day carrying buckets of water and rocks around the beach and dumping them into "the ocean" or "the sea" or "the pond" which he so fondly calls any body of water these days.  And, of course, Nick and I had to build him his first sand castle with a mote!
We also got a bonus visit with my sister and her kids while they were camping at the park.  Edwin just loves his cousin Kody and it's always so much fun when we can get the kids together these days. Hooray for cousins!!

1 comment:

  1. Yes!! Hooray for cousins!! It looks like you had such an awesome day, and I'm LOVING Edwin's conductor hat... it's so perfect for him. I'm also pretty jealous that you got to make such an intricate castle. We can barely dump the castle out of the mold before Avery goes Godzilla on it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...