4/4/11

baby bloomers























I am going to be an auntie again!  Next fall my big sis is going to have her first little one, and I couldn't be more excited for her!!  My whole family is pretty much over-the-moon because we weren't really sure if her and her husband would choose to have kids or not.  But, it looks like they did!  I am really looking forward to helping plan a baby shower for her this summer and spoiling her with all sorts of new mama goodies.  She is a very practical lady and I'm sure will only want the necessities but I'll do my best to sneak a few cutsie things her way.


On a craftier note, my sis announcing her pregnancy seems to have coincided with one of the more serious sewing benders I've had in awhile.  I couldn't help but pick up a baby sewing book and plan out all of the cute stuff I could make for her.  I'm currently working on perfecting the bloomers which are made out of a pretty awesome thrifted bed sheet (which I think is a gender neutral print, no?)  I'm still working out the pattern kinks but I think my next pair will be top notch.  I can't wait for baby Finch to try them on!

5 comments:

  1. those are the most adorable little bloomers I've ever seen! :)

    Congrats!

    Jenny @ http://fitnesshealthandfood.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. i loooove that book! made the little elf hat and the swaddler, both super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that book! But I haven't made the bloomers yet. Were they terribly hard? And would it be weird to dress my boy in them this summer? I love them soo.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a novice sewer and the bloomers came together surprisingly fast - although I did get hung up on the bias strips a bit. Lotta's book could use a few more pictures if you ask me. I think they'd be perfect on a boy running around in the backyard!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are adorable! :-) ps -- tell your big sister congrats from great aunt Kate.

    ReplyDelete